Be part of the OPI Team:
An Assembler performs a wide variety of electronic, or measurement product assembly on product components, assemblies, or sub-assemblies. Assemblers determine and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing component installation, or hand soldering. These positions will include any or all of the following positions:
1. Sensor soldering
2. Sensor manufacturing
3. Cable Prep
Delegation of Work Orders:
- Ensure orders are processed in accordance with weekly schedules or priority basis.
- Assist co-workers with any problem that may occur.
- Test cables after being soldered.
- Test sensors after calibration.
- Clean cable and prepare for shipping/testing.
- Attached leads as per orders.
- Make windows as per cable description.
- Make a notch on every sensor.
- Silicon porex filter to sensor.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
· 2 years of previous soldering experience
· Grade 12 Education
The Full Stack Developer is responsible for building features, functionality, and enhancements for OPI Blue, the web app for our monitoring and control system. The full stack developer participates in all aspects of development including design, architecture, implementation, testing, bug fixing, and deployments, and is capable of working across our technology stack (including front-end, back-end, UI/UX, database, APIs, and architecture).
- Develop and maintain API backend written in Ruby on Rails.
- Inter-component communication using Rabbit MQ, Google Protobuf, MQTT, Websockets.
- Build and maintain highly reliable data processing modules.
- Design reliable and efficient databases and queries.
- Participates in all aspects of our agile development process including iteration planning, estimation, architecture, code and design reviews.
Automated Test Development:
- Write integration tests to exercise API endpoints and verify expected results using rspec/rswag.
- Write controller tests to ensure outbound messages are correctly formed and encoded using rspec.
- Build and enhance tools to simulate hardware components with UA Expert and Python.
- Ensure test coverage benchmarks are maintained.
- Participate in the software build and release process using github, CircleCI, docker, kubernetes, artifactory.
- Monitor/investigate system and resource activity, error logs, and bug reports.
Technology and Subject Matter Expert:
- Relies on experience and problem-solving capability to identify and address technical challenges and trade-offs within the system.
- Promotes and demonstrates continuous learning; shares knowledge with colleagues to improve overall capabilities of the team.
- Writes clean, maintainable code with accompanying tests.
- Troubleshoots and provides timely solutions to production issues.
Successful candidates often have a bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, or software engineering disciplines.
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems spanning multiple software and architectural disciplines.
· At least 5 years’ experience delivering highly reliable, fault tolerant web applications to market.
· Ruby on Rails
· Rabbit MQ
· Google protobuf
· Data Processing
· AWS and Cloud Services
· Integration Testing
· Automated testing with Rspec
· Continuous Integration
· git and github
RESPONSIBILITIES:Optimize the Revenue and Profitability of OPI Products:
- Identify market opportunities within Canada and build strategies to realize them.
- Develop strong, deep, and mutually beneficial business relationships with key channel partners.
- Provide in-market support for existing dealers where required, including training, marketing support, technical support
- Continually assess the “value of the customer” and make proactive decisions to find the delicate balance between maintenance and growth.
- Take direct accountability for financial results of the assigned areas and be prepared to respond to market signals and trends in order to meet or exceed revenue targets.
- Have a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and emerging players in the markets that you manage.
- Leverage technology and tools to be efficient in the execution of the duties assigned, such as CRM, Virtual Meetings and Dealer Portal.
- Act professionally at all times and be the name and face for OPIsystems in Canada.
- Make local market decisions in order to best achieve the corporate results of the company.
- Report any incidents that could affect OPI’s reputation as a ethical and professional company.
- Take personal ownership to ensure that every dealer and customer in Canada is satisfied to your best ability.
- Support OPI staff and contactors where possible to achieve the best results for the organization.
- Take an interest in other peoples work within the company.
- Help guide and train others and look for opportunities to share your knowledge.
- Able to assist in creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Skills in problem-solving, judgment and decision-making, effective leadership, and communication.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written).
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand building and brand management.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with key business partners, including retailers, wholesalers, and resellers.
- Strong knowledge of competitive analysis methods.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft® Office®.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple diverse tasks and deliverables.
- Flexible, independent, and self-motivated.
- Team player with strong analytical skills.
- An interest in and passion for electronic technology.
- An interest in and passion for the Agricultural Industry.
- Manage, plan, and execute all aspects of trade shows and industry events including logistics, vendor relationships, timelines, budgets, and staffing.
- Work collaboratively with the sales team to develop and implement strategic marketing and promotional activities for trade shows.
- Coordinate swag and marketing material inventory and distribution from Calgary home office.
- Coordinate and track marketing needs to Canada and International partners.
- Assist with internal communication to ensure consistent messaging and brand presentation.
- Act as a liaison with Product Management and Engineering teams for product details relative to marketing needs.
- Monitor industry trends and competitor activities to inform trade show planning and execution.
- Coordinate team meetings and customer visits to Calgary home office.
- Manage brand signage and messaging at the Calgary home office to ensure brand consistency.
- Maintain detailed project documentation, including reports and metrics.
- Evaluate the success of each event and make recommendations for future improvements.
- Manage the trade show budget, ensuring all spending stays within allocated limits.
- Degree or comparable experience in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in planning and managing trade shows.
- Experience within the agricultural sector is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask effectively and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly within a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Hubspot experience a plus
- Ability to travel as needed to trade shows and industry events.